Humanitarian aid from European partners
On May 18, 2022, the International Museum Day, we received humanitarian aid from our European partners –Art Aid Ukraine Centre. There were two trucks of packing materials that will help to preserve cultural assets of the Museum Fund of Ukraine as a vital priority during the war.
At the initiative of Stephan Dompke and with the special support of Word Heritage Watch, Tandem Kunsttransporte, the Coromandel Stiftung Fund in Switzerland, a large number of wooden and metal boxes, cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, plastic boxes, scotch tape and various types of paper were donated.
Under the supervision of Ms. Iryna Nikiforova (Word Heritage Watch) and with the help of representatives of the National Preserve «Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra», these packing materials were distributed between several museums, namely:
- National Preserve «Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra»;
- National Conservation Area “Saint-Sophia of Kyiv”;
- National Museum of History of Ukraine (Museum of Historical Treasures of Ukraine);
- Bohdan and Varvara Khanenko National Museum of Arts;
- National Museum of Ukrainian Folk Decorative Art;
- National Museum of Folk Architecture and Life of Ukraine;
- National Museum of the History of Ukraine in the Second World War;
- National Research and Restoration Center of Ukraine;
- Museum of the History of Kyiv.
Currently, we continue our cooperation to provide other Ukrainian museum institutions with packing materials that they are in need of, including museums in Chernihiv, Kharkiv, and other cities.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to our European colleagues for their help in providing us with a big quantity of high-quality packing materials.
Everything will be Ukraine!